SSC CPO 2020 Notification Released|Apply for 1564 SI, CAPF Posts
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the notification of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces Examination/SSC CPO. This year a total of 1564 vacancies have been released under the SSC CPO 2020 recruitment. Eligible candidates can start filling the application form of SSC CPO from June 17 to July 16, 2020, in online mode. The Computer-based examination (Paper 1) of SSC CPO is scheduled to be held from September 29 to October 05 while the Computer-based examination (Paper 2) is scheduled for March 01, 2021. Check all important details of the SSC CPO 2020 recruitment here.
Highlights of SSC CPO 2020 Notification
- This year a total of 1564 vacancies have been released.
- Paper 1 will be held from September 29, 2020.
- Paper 2 will be held on March 01, 2021.
- Both the exams will be held in an online computer-based mode.
Educational qualifications (as on 01-01-2021):-
1. Educational Qualification for all posts is Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
2.As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10.06.2015 published in the Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas/ certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of
the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission. Accordingly, unless such degrees are recognized for the relevant period when the candidates acquired the qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification.
3.Further, as per UGC (Open and Distance Learning) Regulations, 2017 published in official Gazette on 23-06-2017, under Part-III (8) (v), the programmes in engineering, medicine,dental, nursing, pharmacy, architecture and physiotherapy etc are not permitted to be
offered under Open and Distance Learning mode. However, B. Tech. degree/ diploma in Engineering awarded by IGNOU to the students who were enrolled up to academic year 2009-10 shall be treated as valid, wherever applicable.
4. Candidates who have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification andproduce documentary evidence from the Board/ University in support thereof as on 01-01-2021 will also be eligible.
5. All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission in Computer BaseExaminations, PET/ PST and Medical Examinations will be required to produce all relevantCertificates in original such as Mark sheets/ Provisional Degree/ Diploma Certificate asproof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-01-2021
failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Commission. Thecandidates who are able to prove by documentary evidence that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed will also be considered to have the required Educational Qualification. It is reiterated that the result of requisite educational qualification must have been declared by the Board/ University by the specified date. Mere processing of the result by the Board/ University by the crucial cut-off date does not fulfill the EQ requirement.
6. In case of the candidates possessing equivalent educational qualification, such candidates shall also produce relevant Equivalence Certificate from the concerned authorities at the time of Document Verification. However, final decision regarding selection of such candidates will be taken by the concerned User Departments/ Appointing Authorities.
7. For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only: Male candidates must possess a validDriving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance
and Measurement Tests. However, the candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License
for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.
Eligibility Criteria of SSC CPO 2020
The age limit of candidates planning to appear for SSC CPO must be 20-25 years as on January 01, 2021. Candidates will be given upper age relaxation. Candidates must also have a Bachelor’s degree.
|Posts||Post Level||Salary (in Rs)|
|Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs||6 (Classified as Group B (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial post||35,400 to 1,12,400|
|Sub Inspector (Executive) – (Male/Female) in Delhi Police||6 (Classified as Group C (Non-Gazetted) by Delhi Police||35,400 to 1,12,400|
Highlights of SSC SI Exam
Some of the important highlights of SSC CPO exam is summarised below:
|Exam name||SSC CPO 2020|
|Conducted by||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Number of vacancies||3,237 ( including females and ex-servicemen)|
|Exam mode||Paper 1 will be conducted in Computer Based Test|
|Exam stages||Paper 1, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper 2 and Detailed Medical Examination (DME)|
|Exam duration||Paper 1 and 2 is held for 2 hours|
|Nature of questions||Paper 1 and 2 will carry objective type questions|
|Subjects||Paper 1: General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English ComprehensionPaper 2: English language & Comprehension|
|Number of questions||Paper 1 and 2 will carry 200 questions|
|Total marks||Total marks of Paper 1 and 2 will be of 200 marks|
|Exam Language||Hindi and English|
|Negative marks||Paper 1 & 2: 0.25|
|Exam Fees||Rs 100 (Women, SC/ST and Ex-Servicemen candidates are exempted from fee payment)|
|Exam purpose||To select candidates for Sub-Inspector (SI) and Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) post|
How to apply for SSC CPO 2020?
- Visit the official website ssc.nic.in
- Complete the one time registration process (If you are applying for the first time) if you have already applied for any SSC exam you can use the old credentials to apply.
- Fill all the required details carefully and pay the online application fee of SSC CPO.
- The application fee is Rs. 100 for General and OBC candidates while female candidates and SC/ST, as well as Ex-Servicemen candidates, are exempted from paying the fee.